Root: A Game of Woodland Might
Root is a game of adventure and war where you battle for control of a vast wilderness.
Root represents the next step in asymmetric game design. Like Vast: the Crystal Caverns, each player in Root has unique capabilities and a different victory condition. Now, with the aid of gorgeous, multi-use cards, a truly asymmetric design has never been more accessible.
- The Cats play a game of engine building and logistics while attempting to police the vast wilderness. They win by building new buildings and crafts.
- The Eyrie musters their hawks to take back the Woods. They must capture territory and build roosts before they collapse back into squabbling.
- The Alliance hides in the shadows, recruiting forces and hatching conspiracies. They begin slowly and build towards a dramatic presence.
- The Vagabond plays all sides of the conflict for their own gain, while hiding a mysterious quest.
In Root, you drive the narrative, and the differences between each role create an unparalleled level of interaction and replayability.
- Faction Boards
- 50+ Screen Printed Warriors
- Two Sided Mounted Map
- Rules Reference
- Learn to Play Manual
Designer: Cole Wehrle