MTG Casual Commander
Experience: Social, Light Competition
Twenty Sided Casual Commander events super friendly and hosted by dedicated Game Guides ready to answer any questions along the way.
Commander is an exciting, unique way to play Magic that is all about awesome legendary creatures, big plays, and battling your friends in epic multiplayer games! Beginners Welcome!
Prize payout is randomized at each table (not awarded to the winner of the match) to encourage building creative and interesting decks that are fun to play.
Pick up one of the latests Commander Decks or bring your own deck.
Please register using the EMAIL associated with your WIZARDS ACCOUNT. (This is the same email you use to log into MTGArena.)
Building a Deck
- Check the Commander Banned and Restricted Card List before building your deck.
- Choose a Legendary Creature as the Commander of your deck.
- Other than basic lands, your deck can only use one copy of any card.
- Play with a 99-card deck (100 total cards including your Commander) that contains only cards of your Commander's colors.
During the game, you can cast your commander multiple times, meaning your favorite Legendary Creature can come back again and again to lead the charge as you battle for victory!
Check out magic.wizards.com for more info on how to play.
Playing Commander at Twenty Sided
- When you arrive you will check in with our Game Guide.
- The Guide will lead the event with announcements and introductions, giving everyone an opportunity to get to know each other.
- The Guide will then randomly group everyone into tables of 3-4 players.
- After your first game concludes, the Guide will have everyone at your table roll a d20 to see who wins the promo prize.
- Everyone is welcome to stay and play additional games until 4:30pm!
About the Guide
Daniel can be found slinging Magic Cards at Twenty Sided. He is excited that he can play with Magic Cards from 1995 and loves to chat about what cards to put in Commander Decks with other 20siders. He loves Superhero movies and will totally geek out about the latest releases (no spoilers!)