Twenty Sided has been hosting premiere Magic: The Gathering Tournaments for over a decade. A professional Twenty Sided Game Guide will be available to answer any questions along the way. We pride ourselves on fostering a friendly and welcoming environment regardless of experience level.
Experience: Light Competition
Check In / Start Times
All Events are listed by Check In Times.
Events start promptly 15 minutes after Check In!
Please register using the EMAIL associated with your WIZARDS ACCOUNT. (If you have played on Magic Arena, it is the same email you use to log in there.)
Magic: the Gathering Draft Format
Draft is a Limited Format Event where you open one Booster Pack at a time and pick and pass cards to build a deck out of the cards you selected.
Each player will receive 3 booster packs. Players will get paired up to play in a 3 round, swiss style, casual tournament
What is the Twenty Sided Top 8?
By playing in any regular draft event with us, you earn points towards the Twenty Sided Top 8. If you go undefeated, you earn some more. Points escalate weekly so it's never to late to join!
At the end of the season, we'll invite the Top 8 point earners to an exclusive Team Draft on SAT April 6, 2024. Winning teammates of that draft receive an exclusive playmat!
The Twenty Sided Top 8 is a perfect mix of casual play and light competitive fun.
How to Play Draft at Twenty Sided
- At the start of a draft, everyone at the table will open 1 of the 3 booster packs and pick a card - don't show the table what you pick! Then when everyone is ready, you will simultaneously pass the rest of your pack to the player on your left.
- You then pick a card from the pack you just received and then everyone passes again. This keeps going until all cards have been taken (at an 8 person table, you will only see the pack you opened one additional time).
- Once the first pack has been successfully drafted, everyone will open their second pack and take a card just like the first pack - but this time, everyone passes their packs to their right.
- After all those cards are drafted, do the same with the third pack, passing to the left again. You'll often hear, "left, right, left" as people remember and confirm the draft pack order!
- After that, you build a deck from the cards you picked. We provide basic lands for borrow to add to your deck - Don't forget to return our lands at the end of the event :)
We typically draft the most recent Magic set. Draft events are always 3 rounds long, best of three games, and each round is 50 minutes long. Each round you'll get paired up to play someone with roughly the same record as you.
- Receive 3 packs
- Each round open 1 pack at a time
- Pick and pass cards, until all the cards in the pack have been selected.
- First pack pass left, second pack right, third pack left again.
- Build a minimum 40 card deck
- Decks usually have around 23 non-land cards and 17 lands, aiming for about 15 creatures in your deck
- Play best of three games each round.
- Play in all three rounds, each round timed at 50 minutes
- 3-0: 4 packs
- 2-1: 2 packs (+1 pack if you started 3-0)
- 1-2 or 0-3: 1 pack
- Promo pack awarded randomly per table
Extra, Extra! Play Booster Draft Promos
While supplies last, at each draft in February we'll be giving away copies of either:
- Arcane Signet
- Chaos Warp
- Commander's Sphere
Each draft event will feature one of these cards.
About the Guide
Luis was first introduced to Magic in the late 90s, but it didn't make any sense to him back then. Some friends in the late 00s finally got him up to speed with the game, and he has been slinging spells ever since! Luis loves helping others learn Magic since it took so long for it to click with him.
Luis also has two pet cats; you could even say he has Affinity for Cats.