Cypher System Unmasked Campaign Setting
Top Gun is in theaters. “Papa Don’t Preach” is on the radio. Halley’s Comet is in the sky, and Iran-Contra is in the news. The Soviets are in Afghanistan, and the Doomsday Clock is at 3 minutes until midnight. But there’s something else going on—something even bigger.
Your observations lead you to create a mask from strange items, and you find that you are becoming... someone else. The mask gives you unimaginable power, but can you resist its agenda?
Embrace the Strange and Scary with this setting for the Cypher System! In your mask form you might be a Metal Head Smasher who Lives on the Dark Side or a Show-O Changer who Flies by Night, but on school days you’re a regular teen dealing with bullies, grades, and New Wave fashion.
This book includes:
- A complete, ready-to-play campaign setting of superpowers and psychological horror for the Cypher System
- Four new types and a load of new foci—and a new approach to superpowers
- The complete, ready-to-use town of Boundary Bay, NY, as well as detailed information and guidance on creating your own small-town setting—or using your own town, circa 1986!
- New creatures, NPCs, and threats
- A complete adventure set in Ocean View High School, plus a plethora of tools and advice for building your own adventures and campaigns based around the mystery of the masks
System: Cypher System
Mechanic: GM & Dice
Number of Players: 3 - 5
Genre: Sci Fi
Themes: Exploration, Danger, The Unknown