Designers & Dragons : The 70's
Written by Shannon Appelcline
Designers & Dragons : The 00's
Designers & Dragons: The ’70s is a comprehensive picture of the beginnings of the RPG industry. This 2nd edition expands the original single book into a series of four–beginning with the ’70s and ending with the ’00s–and we’ve added over 50,000 new words to this volume alone. Learn about the colorful history of TSR and the wave of D&D inspired games (and gaming companies) to follow, and dip your toes into wargaming trivia. Regardless of your gaming background, Shannon Appelcline’s meticulously researched history won’t disappoint.
In this volume, you’ll find:
- A foreword by Greg Stafford, creator of Glorantha and author of King Arthur Pendragon
- Profiles for thirteen 1970s gaming companies including TSR, GDW, and Chaosium
- The inside scoop behind games like D&D, Traveller, and The Fantasy Trip
- Ten things you might not know about roleplaying in the ‘70s
- An extensive bibliography and index
- Meet the characters behind the characters and the gamers behind the games in Designers & Dragons: The ’70s!
- ENnie Award 2015 for Best RPG Related Product - Gold Winner
- ENnie Award 2015 nominee for Product of the Year and Best Writing
- Diana Jones Award 2015 nominee for excellence in gaming