MTG Draft | Fridays @ 7p & Sundays @ 5p
All Ages (14+)
MTG Draft | Friday Night Magic
Check out Twenty Sided Magic: the Gathering Drafts! Our events are super friendly and welcoming regardless of your experience level and Twenty Sided Game Master will be available to answer any questions along the way.
What is Draft
Draft is a way to play that offers a level playing field and lets you check out new cards at the same time.
Draft is a Limited format where you build a deck with the cards picked straight from the booster packs opened that event, unlike Constructed formats where you need to bring a deck build ahead of time to play.
Each player will receive 3 booster packs. Players pick and pass cards to draft their deck, and then will get paired up to play in a 3 round, swiss style, tournament. Each round is 50 minutes.
Draft is the Magic event that we run most often at Twenty Sided Store. Our events fire on time - right at the start time of the event. Participants will be grouped into tables of 6, 7 or 8 players.
How to Play
- At the start of a draft, everyone at the table will open 1 of the 3 booster packs and pick a card - don't show the table what you pick! Then when everyone is ready, you will simultaneously pass the rest of your pack to the player on your left.
- You then pick a card from the pack you just received and then everyone passes again. This keeps going until all cards have been taken (at an 8 person table, you will only see the pack you opened one additional time).
- Once the first pack has been successfully drafted, everyone will open their second pack and take a card just like the first pack - but this time, everyone passes their packs to their right.
- After all those cards are drafted, do the same with the third pack, passing to the left again. You'll often hear, "left, right, left" as people remember and confirm the draft pack order!
- After that, you build a deck from the cards you took. We provide basic lands for borrow to add to your deck - Don't forget to return our lands at the end of the event :)
Twenty Sided Draft events are always 3 rounds long, best of three games, and each round is 50 minutes long. Each round you'll get paired up to play someone with roughly the same record as you.
- Receive 3 packs, open one pack at a time.
- Pick one card to take, then past the rest of the cards from that pack
- Pass each pack left, right, left until all cards have been taken
- Build a minimum 40 card deck
- Decks usually have around 23 non-land cards and 17 lands, aiming for about 15 creatures in your deck
- Play best of three games each round.
- Play in all three rounds, each round timed at 50 minutes
- 3-0: 5 packs
- 2-1: 2 packs (+1 if you started off 2-0)
- 1-2 or 0-3: 1 pack Promos awarded to random participants