The Hunger is a deckbuilding and strategy game created by Richard Garfield. In The Hunger, you are a vampire living in a huge castle with roommates that... you don't get along with that much. The sun goes down and you are hungry!
Vampires awake from their torpor as the eternal roses are blooming. You have until sunrise to run to the labyrinth and pick the most beautiful bloom, hunting for humans on your way, tempting familiars into helping you, and increasing your powers to become the most notorious vampire.
The Hunger is a race where you will
- Optimize your card deck
- Hunt humans to gain victory points
- Fulfill secret missions
- Acquire a rose (eventually!) and return to the castle before sunrise
The more you hunt, the slower both you and your deck become, which will make it harder and harder to get back before daybreak.
Can you become the most notorious vampire? Or will you burn to ashes at sunrise?
- 122 Hunt cards (80 Humans, 22 Familiars, 20 Powers)
- 6 Vampire sheets
- 6 Starting decks of 6 cards each (1 for each Vampire)
- 6 Wood Vampire tokens (1 for each Vampire)
- 6 Wood Score tokens (1 for each Vampire)
- 1 Game board
- 1 Moon token
- 5 Castle tiles
- 1 Hunt Track
- 3 Rose cards
- 50 Mission tiles
- 26 Bonus tokens
Players: 2 - 6
Runtime: 45 - 60m
Designer: Richard Garfield