Barkeep on the Borderlands
Each year, the Keep celebrates the Raves of Chaos to commemorate the brave heroes who gave their lives to rid the nearby caverns of vile monsters. Their sacrifice cleared the way for the Keep to expand to its current size and scale. Today marks the beginning of this year’s week of festivities. But today, the celebration gives no comfort. A Monarch lies dying of a deadly but slow-acting poison baked into their morning cake. (It was still, by all reports, a scrumptious cake.)Whosoever finds the antidote and returns it to the Monarch will earn their weight in gold, as well as a barony on the new borderlands. Will you find the antidote in time?
Barkeep on the Borderlands is a pubcrawl site-based adventure, like a classic dungeon crawl, but instead of rooms and hallways, you traverse pubs and streets. Each pub can also be used individually, adapting random tables to your campaign. The drinking rules included are system neutral and adaptable to any OSR (Old School Renaissance) adjacent system. Bottoms Up!
- 20 bars with random tables for patrons, encounters, events, drink specials and everything else you need to bring each bar to life
- A map of the Keep’s entertainment district
- Simple but effective procedures for running a pubcrawl adventure
- Rules for drinking and inebriation that are compatible with nearly any Roleplaying Game
- 5 intertwined factions vying for control of the Keep, including a wizard academy, a cult of chaos and an NGO run by goblins
System: System Neutral, Compatible with D&D 5e, Pathfinder & OSR (Old-School Renaissance)
Mechanic: GM & Dice
Themes: Exploration, Drinking, Socializing
Designer: W.F. Smith
Art: Sam Mameli (Cover)