Designers & Dragons : The 80's
Written by Shannon Appelcline
Designers & Dragons : The 00's
Everything you’ve wanted to know about the origins of roleplaying games…
Designers & Dragons: The ‘80s is a comprehensive picture of the growth of the RPG industry. Take an in-depth look at ’80s style gaming courtesy of companies like Steve Jackson Games and West End Games, plus an intro to the small (but mighty!) presses of the decade. Regardless of your gaming background, Shannon Appelcline’s meticulously researched history won’t disappoint.
In this volume, you’ll find:
- A foreword by Mike Pondsmith, founder of R. Talsorian & creator of Cyberpunk
- Profiles for 23 1980s gaming companies including Steve Jackson Games, Palladium Books, and Mayfair Games
- The inside scoop behind games like GURPS, Champions, and Battletech
- Ten things you might not know about roleplaying in the ‘80s
- An extensive bibliography and index
Meet the characters behind the characters and the gamers behind the games in Designers & Dragons: The ’80s!