Willow A Grimm Micro Setting
Willow is an old-school, grim, backwater micro setting made for Swords and Wizardry rule system, but can easily be used with other old-school systems and Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition.
It is a modular town that can be dropped into your campaign that is fully formed and flavorful. It focuses on game-able content and being easy to use at the table. It is graphic and art heavy and utilizes a lot of random tables to make it easier for GMs to run in a pinch.
Willow is a mini hexcrawl and players will have to work to investigate a mystery to move on from this damp backwater town to bigger, brighter places.
- Hooks and rumors for players
- 5 Keyed Hex Locations
- Random encounter tables for different areas
- New monsters and monster factions
- An aquatic themed dungeon
- NPC generator
- NPC relationship web
- Key NPCs with desires, fears and mannerisms
- A mystery to be solved upriver
- A shop and inn
- Town history
- Organization structure for the society of the town
- Changes and sets of events that happen over time
- New magic items, including magical plants and insects
- Flow charts for how the village will react to different actions players take
System: Swords & Wizardry Rules, easily adapted to others
Mechanic: GM & Dice
Number of Players: 3 - 5
Themes: Mystery, Greatness, Exploration